Sunday 9 November 2008

2008 November 08

Another short day, this time because I spent all my waking hours with people for the election coverage instead of writing.

Early in the evening both Laura and Veronika decided they'd had enough of the gathering and they went inside, Laura to do a little study and Veronika to watch a DVD. I of course went with Veronika and we spent the next couple of hours relaxing on the couch before I decided that I ought to head home.

I told her that I would see her again on the Monday, both of us had individual plans for the Sunday, and was about to walk out when she told me to wait as she would rather give me a ride than know I was walking alone at night. Knowing it was an issue that mattered far more to her than it did to me I acceded and so I got home half an hour earlier than I'd expected and was able to do some minimal reading on things for work.

Sunday passed very quick for me, from getting up to going to bed I spent almost all my time visiting my parents and helping them pack books and other small things into boxes for their upcoming shift. Realising that it was one of the last times I'd be in the house of my childhood was an unusual sensation, I had always expected to be able to "go home again" even after they started making use of the vacated bedrooms for other things. I'd obviously been away longer than I realised though, my youngest sister was getting help from a male friend I didn't think I'd even heard of let alone met before.

I wasn't surprised to have also found a couple of empty boxes in what was my room once upon a time. My parents were understandably not wanting to shift my stuff from their old place to the new, especially when I had said for a while that I'd take it away and keep it in my place. The distraction of that stuff meant I was less help elsewhere in the house than I'd intended to be.

No comments: