Thursday 20 November 2008

2008 November 19

I had three hours or so between getting home from work and going out to play games, instead of using that time to write I spent most of it online killing time.

Words today: 369
Total for the month so far: 16683


What was harder was related to the easier, all through the day I knew that I'd be able to spend a lot of time with Veronika, later, but was, while working, not able to see her at all. Having worked away from her I hadn't been as aware of her most of the day, I'm not sure what that says about me.

Where the original thoughts for the research had come from was well beyond me, even being able to understand (most of) the math now I would never have been able to take the leaps of thought that someone had. I did see where the possibility of power production had entered things though, something that surprised Kevin when I asked about it. The construction of equipment was also of interest to me, on a couple of occasions I helped replace blown capacitors and the like. At no point was anything suddenly clearer but having the ability to see into the machinery made some of the circuit diagrams I'd been shown easier to follow.

I spent less and less time doing the work I was initially hired for over the month following Veronika being hired. It got so far skewed that I was told to go see my supervisor and tell him about my second job. He did already know (although I'm not sure how much) which was reassuring but it didn't help with my colleagues thinking I was slacking off and for some reason impervious to the discipline that should have come my way as soon as it was pointed out. By the end of the month I was barely needed in those offices anyway so Kevin arranged to have me transferred to the secondary office I'd been given. Showing up there the following Monday I found most of my stuff had been transferred, but there was one thing obviously missing. A note on the desk told me that the photo frame was being sent to my home and should not return to work at any point. That struck me as odd, especially when I'd been instructed to make movement sensors twice more since the initial night where I'd had just the wooden board and box of marbles.

No comments: